Today our class went on a field trip to the Pictures Of Singapore museum. The museum was amazing! I learned a lot about things that I didn't know. Today I will tell you about two things that I learned, what was hard and how much fun I had.One thing that I learned was that batik sarongs are an original and traditional craft for Indonesia and Malaysia wear. Batik sarongs are a traditional wear on Indonesian and Malaysian dance of their culture. As well as, Indonesian and Malaysian people wear batik sarongs because of there culture.
The second thing that I learned was that in 1942 the Japanese came into war with Singapore. It was important because Singapore could have lost everything and not be how it was now. What was good was that in 1945 the Japanese surrendered and made independence with Singapore. So I learned a lot about the war with Japanese in Singapore.
What was hard for me was trying not to walk and write because if we found something that we wanted to write about, we didn't know what the other good options were. Also it was hard to walk and write. What was also hard was finding some secondary sources at first because we walked into this room and there were only primary sources and not any secondary sources. So then in the end Meaghan, Alexa, Jade and I wrote down that the props and the wax people were secondary sources. We chose that because in the props they could have copied some primary source objects. Lastly for the wax people they copied what some main people looked like.
I had so much fun at the museum today! First I had so much fun going around the museum and having fun acting like some of the wax people and seeing what they did. What was also fun was having a lot of fun with my friends during lunch time and throughout the museum. It was kind of funny in the museum because Meaghan, Alexa and jade kept on creeping up on me and scaring me( sad face).
So now you know what was the main thing I learned, what was hard for me, and how much fun I had. But there was so much that I learned that I can't put it all in words! Our field trip to the Images Of Singapore museum was amazing and I recommend you should go there!
I also had so much fun. You were in my group and I'm glad I was. For me, I thought one of the most interesting (but sad) thing that we learned was about the Japanese invading Singapore. Lot's of people were killed and ... it's hard to imagine. Anyways, great job on your reflection.
ReplyDelete