Pizza

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Science Reflection

This first semester in school has been so much fun during science. We have learned about mixtures, solutions, chemical reactions, precipitates, etc. It was so fun this semester, but I think that everyone
agrees that our unit of chemical reactions was the best. I am sad that our science unit is almost over, but I am still exited to learn about things in our new unit Social Studies. Lastly, next I will tell you about what was my favorite experiment and why it was so good. Also, I will tell you about what I could do differently next time.

My favorite experiment was when we had made mixtures inside of bags, which made a chemical reaction. But it also made a gas form, so it looked like it was going to explode! Inside the bags were Calcium Chloride, water and also Citric Acid. In bag 1 we put in Calcium Chloride and water, not that much gas was formed but there was still a lot. But my favorite bag was bag 3 because we put in all the ingredients. Once all the ingredients were in and we added water it was so big! It was so big that Imagine Dragon's table mixture exploded! That is why the chemical reactions unit was my favorite.

What I should do differently next time is not telling everyone to be faster, because our group sometimes couldn't finish our project so I told them to be a bit faster. But now I recognize that I should have not said that because it didn't help. So now on I will stop saying "be faster be faster!"

This first semester was so much fun in our science unit. Now lets start Social Studies!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are not alone when it comes to favorite experiments. I loved watching all the groups get excited to see the bags grow (and sometimes pop)! Science rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked these fun experiments. They were really awesome and we learned a lot. I also really liked seeing the bags grow. One of the bags went...bigger...bigger...POP! I really enjoyed Mad Scientists.

      Delete

Eaten Up Pizza