So far this year in RLA, I believe I have improved on adding imagery to writing. Beforehand, in most of my writing pieces I would never really focus on the importance of having the imagery in a writing, rather than getting the piece finished and decent. So, in the first quarter of RLA, I am glad to say I believe my imagery has improved. As well as, my reading stamina. In the past years I never enjoyed reading, it took my two weeks or longer to finish a book. But, gradually over the end of seventh grade, summer, and mainly the beginning of eighth grade, my reading has improved. From finding books I enjoy more, to reading books in a faster amount of time.
However, what I need to improve on though is my reflection and grammar in writing. I still struggle in a lot of grammar concepts that are really needed in my writing to make it stronger. At times, I even struggle with putting in author's craft moves and signposts into my writing. As well as, I have a hard time writing and weaving in a good reflection into my piece. Which could do with not finding a significant enough topic, and not a direct reflection.
Therefore, my goal for the rest of the semester is to start off by improving my grammar concepts. I will achieve this goal by doing at least thirty minutes of noredink each week. This will grow my knowledge of other variations of grammar, and practicing using ones I already know. Which will then be incorporated into my own writing to make it stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment