Pizza

Monday, 12 December 2016

Persuasive Speech Reflection


1. What was your favourite part of your speech? Why?
My favourite part of the speech was how with my loud projection of my voice, I didn't use any filler words. As I felt a lot of pressure and nervousness to be the first speaker, I was proud that I kept a clear voice, used pausing/pacing, and had no filler words.

2. What do you hope your audience noticed as you spoke?
During my speech, I hope the audience members noticed my emphasis on some of my words. As in parts of the speech I would starting talking or faster, I hope the pacing wasn't overpowering the use of emphasis on some important words I shared.

3. What do you wish you had more time to fine-tune?'
If I was able to practice and edit this speech more, I would like to have been able to have a clearer projected voice, so some words wouldn't sound so unsure. I would also have liked to put more revising and editing into my speech, so there would be stronger in between sentences from my supporting claim to evidence. As well as, I would have liked to practice and understand my speech more so I could have a stronger connection of eye contact with the audience.

4. How do you feel you grew as a persuasive speaker during this unit of study?
Over this Persuasive Speech Unit, as a speaker I have grown by understanding more of additions that provide to an important speech. Including, hand gestures, pacing, tone, and the use of counterarguments to power a speech. As before this unit, I was uncomfortable with persuasive speeches as I haven't had a lot of experience with them, I grew to be more comfortable with greater understanding of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eaten Up Pizza