World Studies Final Exam Argumentative Essay
In this essay, something I believe I did well on was writing a specific claim that clearly showed what I would be discussing/arguing about in the essay: "[S]oft power is ultimately more effective than hard power as it allows a leader to maintain their position and benefit people with knowledge.". As well as, the counterclaim that I wrote had a good use of examples to prove the other perspective with the use of examples and quotes from the Lord of the Flies that showed how the last chief, Jack, could be effectice by using hard power, and how philospher Machiavelli quoted you can make others more controlled by ruling with under hard power.
What needs work on in this essay is being clearer with some of my examples and analysis. Throughout the essay, some quotes were too long, such as the quote in the first body paragraph about coercive power from the "5 Forms of Power", and other outside information would be abruptly added in that wasn't the most effective, like the Benito Mussolini reference. With that being said, some of my analysis was sometimes unclear due to the lack of clarity with the examples/evidence.
So, my goal for the DBQ on Thursday is to be specific with my analysis and be careful with quote and example choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment